People watch television to entertain themselves. However, it is not always possible to be available for a particular show or match which is about to broadcast on television. The solution to this situation is to have Hotstar at your disposal. Hotstar was released in the year 2015 by Star India. Thus, it is inclined more towards the Indian audience. However, people from all around the world can use it for entertainment purpose.
Hotstar app is available on various platforms such as Android, iOS, etc. Hotstar app is developed from its website which can be accessed from any device. However, an official app for PC is not yet out. Therefore, you will have to make use of an Android emulator to run Hotstar on your PC. Below you can check our latest tutorial for running hotstar on PC, also we have listed the most remarkable features of Hotstar below.
Download and Use hotstar for PC Windows Computer
How to Download Hotstar on PC: As we mentioned above, you need to use an Android emulator on your PC to run Hotstar on it as an official app of Hotstar for PC is yet to be released.
Step 1- Download and install Bluestacks Android emulator on your PC from ‘https://www.bluestacks.com‘ this website; Directly download bluestacks from here: Download BlueStacks.
Step 2- Now, download the APK of Hotstar on your PC. You can download it directly from here: download hotstar apk.
Step 3- After downloading the APK, head over to the downloads section and look for the downloaded APK.
Step 4- Once found, right-click on the file and select ‘Open with..‘ option from the drop-down box.
Step 5- Now, select ‘Bluestacks’ from the dialog box which appears on your screen.
Hotstar will be automatically installed on Bluestacks. You can now start using Hotstar on your PC. Open BlueStacks on your PC click on hotstar icon to start using hotstar on PC.
Note: You may also check SoftAlien’s Tutorial on hotstar download for pc, I wrote this hotstar for pc article by reading that article only.
Some of the key features of Hotstar are:
1. You can live stream cricket, football, hockey, matches. Also, you can watch the key moments and highlights on any game. However, you might need a premium account for streaming some games. But, most of them are free to watch.
2. Popular TV shows from India as well as foreign countries can be streamed on Hotstar. Again, shows such The Exorcist, Game of Thrones, etc., can be streamed only by a premium account holder.
3. Since Star India owns Hotstar, it soulfully broadcasts all the channels of Star India for free. Along with that, other channels such as HBO, Nat Geo, Showtime, are some of the channels which can be streamed by premium account holders.
4. Movies from Bollywood, Hollywood and some regional movies feature on Hotstar for the audience to watch. Even here, some movies require a premium subscription without which, you won’t we able to stream it.
5. You also get to choose the quality in which you wish to stream your video in. This feature allows Hotstae users to save their data by streaming video in low quality. The quality ranges from as low as 180p to as high as 1080p which is full HD quality. There is an ‘Auto’ option which chooses the best quality depending on your internet connection.
6. The user interface of Hotstar is quite easy to use and understand. There are different columns of different categories. You can switch between these columns easily. The “Home” column consists of all the recommended videos. These videos are recommended based on your previously watched videos.
7. You can use the website of Hotstar on your PC for streaming TV shows, movies, games, etc. “http://www.hotstar.com” this is the link to Hotstar’s official website.
This is all you need to know about Hotstar. If you have any queries or if we have missed out on something, then please let us know about it in the comments section below.